Vietnam Trip Cost from Philippines 2024: Best Reviews for Filipino Travelers
How much does Vietnam trip cost from Philippines? And how can you save money and travel Vietnam on a budget? In this blog post, Prime Travel will share with you some tips and tricks on how to plan your Vietnam trip cost from Philippines, including the visa requirements, the flight options, the accommodation choices, the transportation modes, the food and drink expenses, and the booking costs and other activities that you can enjoy.
Flight cost from Philippines to Vietnam
There are several airlines that offer direct flights from Philippines to Vietnam, such as Vietnam Airlines, Philippine Airlines, and Cebu Pacific. The flight duration is about three hours, and the flight cost depends on the season, the airline, and the booking time. You can compare and book your flights on websites like [Skyscanner] or [Expedia].
The most popular routes from Philippines to Vietnam are:
- Manila to Hanoi: This route is served by Vietnam Airlines and Philippine Airlines, with daily flights. The average flight cost is around 11,000 PHP for a round-trip ticket.
- Manila to Ho Chi Minh City: This route is served by Vietnam Airlines, Philippine Airlines, and Cebu Pacific, with daily flights. The average flight cost is around 8,300 PHP.for a round-trip ticket.
- Cebu to Hanoi: This route is served by Cebu Pacific, with three flights per week. The average flight cost is around 13,900 PHP for a round-trip ticket.
- Cebu to Ho Chi Minh City: This route is served by Cebu Pacific, with four flights per week. The average flight cost is around 11,100 PHP for a round-trip ticket.
Accommodation cost in Vietnam
Vietnam offers a wide range of accommodation options for travelers, from budget hostels and guesthouses to luxury hotels and resorts. The average accommodation cost in Vietnam varies depending on the location, the season, and the quality.The price for booking a room for overnight stay in Vietnam will depend on the type of hotel or motel that you choose. The price range for a night stay at 3 or 4-star hotels will be from 570 PHP to 4500 PHP, while for 5-star hotels or higher-end resorts, it will be from 7000 PHP to 11,000 PHP. On the other hand, at budget motels, the price will be lower from 400 PHP to 500 PHP, based on your budget.
Here are some examples of the accommodation cost in Vietnam for different types of accommodation:
Hanoi Calista hotel
Hanoi Calista Hotel – a luxury four-star hotel located on Hang Bong Street (Hoi Vu Lane) – a romantic street in Hanoi’s Old Quarter. The harmonious blend of color gamut brings sophistication and elegance at first sight when customers arrive at the hotel. With almost 6 room types are well equipped and modern decorations with individually controlled air conditioning, plush and comfortable en-suite bathrooms with lots of toiletries and amenities, large flat-screen cable TVs with international channels, and clever lighting arrangements that bring out the cozy aspect of the room.
Aria Grand Hotel & Spa
This is a 4-star hotel that is located near the beautiful My Khe Beach in Da Nang, a 10-minute drive from the Vincom shopping mall and other famous destinations. The hotel has 50 premier rooms and apartments, with a flat-screen TV, a mini-bar, and a balcony with city views. The hotel also has a restaurant, a fitness center, and a spa. You can enjoy the beach activities, such as sunbathing and surfing, or indulge in a Thai massage.
Au Lac Charner
This is 4-star hotel, inspired by Indochina’s street names, culture, and architecture, brings Saigon’s legacy to life with French colonial colors and an expressive enthusiasm for the past. Visitors at the hotel could enjoy meals served all day in the Adran Tea House with historical details, which is how Au Lac Charner conveys every wonderful moment.
Nowadays, you can book hotel or motel rooms on many online platforms, but sometimes this way can make you encounter scams or have much higher prices during peak seasons, and many rooms may be unavailable. Therefore, you should book through local tour operators in Vietnam with benefits such as they will support you for booking, as well as keeping rooms for you even during peak seasons, and giving suggestions and advice on the type of room to stay that suits your budget and preferences.
Transportation cost in Vietnam
Vietnam has a well-developed and affordable transportation system that allows you to travel around the country easily and conveniently. You can choose from different transportation modes in Vietnam, such as flights, trains, buses, taxis, motorbikes, bicycles, or boats.
- Flights: Flights are the fastest and most comfortable way to travel between the major cities in Vietnam, such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Hue, or Nha Trang. There are several domestic airlines that operate frequent and cheap flights in Vietnam, such as Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, Bamboo Airways, or Pacific Airlines. The average flight cost in Vietnam is around 500 PHP to 1,000 PHP for a one-way ticket, depending on the route, the season, and the booking time.
- Trains: Trains are the most scenic and relaxing way to travel along the coast of Vietnam, from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, or vice versa. The train journey takes about 30 to 35 hours, and you can choose from different classes of seats or berths, such as hard seat, soft seat, hard sleeper, or soft sleeper. The average train cost in Vietnam is around 1000 PHP to 1,200PHP for a one-way ticket.depending on the class, the route, and the booking time.
- Buses: Buses are the most common and cheapest way to travel between the cities and towns in Vietnam, especially for backpackers and budget travelers. There are many bus companies that offer regular and reliable bus services in Vietnam, such as The Sinh Tourist, Futa Bus, Hoang Long, or Mai Linh. The average bus cost in Vietnam is 270 PHP to 600 PHP.
- Taxis: Taxis are the most convenient and comfortable way to travel within the cities and towns in Vietnam, especially for short distances or at night. There are many taxi companies that operate metered and trustworthy taxis in Vietnam, such as Mai Linh, Vinasun, Grab, or Gojek. The average taxi cost in Vietnam is around 28 PHP to 56 PHP per kilometer, depending on the company, the location, and the traffic.
- Motorbikes: Motorbikes are the most popular and adventurous way to travel around Vietnam, especially for travelers who want to explore the off-the-beaten-path destinations or enjoy the freedom and flexibility of driving.The average motorbike rental cost in Vietnam is around 250 PHP to 400 PHP per day.
Food and drink costs
Vietnam is a paradise for foodies, as it offers a variety of delicious and diverse dishes and drinks that reflect the history and culture of the country. You can find food and drink options in Vietnam for every taste and budget, from street food stalls and local restaurants to cafes and bars.
The average food and drink cost in Vietnam varies depending on the type, the quality, and the location of the food and drink. Here are some examples of the food and drink cost in Vietnam for different types of food and drink.
- Street food: Street food is the cheapest and most authentic way to taste the local cuisine of Vietnam, such as pho, banh mi, bun cha, or spring rolls. You can find street food stalls and vendors in almost every corner of Vietnam, and they usually serve fresh and hot food and drink. The average cost of street food in Vietnam is around 50 PHP to 200 PHP per dish or drink.
- Local restaurants: Local restaurants are the more comfortable and hygienic way to enjoy the traditional food of Vietnam, such as com tam, cao lau, banh xeo, or nem ran. You can find local restaurants in most of the cities and towns in Vietnam, and they usually offer a menu with a variety of dishes and drinks. The average cost of local restaurants in Vietnam is around 100 PHP to 350 PHP per dish or drink.
- Cafes and bars: Cafes and bars are the more modern and trendy way to relax and socialize in Vietnam, such as coffee, tea, smoothies, or cocktails. You can find cafes and bars in some of the tourist areas and nightlife spots in Vietnam, and they usually offer a cozy and stylish atmosphere with music and entertainment. The average cost of cafes and bars in Vietnam is around 150 PHP to 400 PHP per drink or snack.
- Visa: According to Vietnam’s regulations, the Philippines is a country in Southeast Asia, so tourists coming to Vietnam will not need a visa and have a stay period in Vietnam for 30 days, so tourists from the Philippines DON’T need to pay any fees for applying for a visa here.
- Travel insurance: The cost varies depending on the provider, the plan, and the length of stay, but it can be as low as 250 PHP for 7 days.
- Sim cards: You can buy online, at the airport, or at local shops, and it costs less than 400 PHP. The data packages range from 1 GB to 20 GB, and they cost from 300 PHP to 1,000 PHP depending on the operator and the duration.
Read more>>>Best shopping places in Vietnam for travelers
Tour booking cost
Filipino travelers who want to have a hassle-free and enjoyable vacation should consider booking a tour with a reliable and reputable tour operator. Booking a tour can offer many advantages and benefits for travelers, such as:
- Convenience: Travelers who book a tour do not have to worry about the tedious and time-consuming tasks of planning their own itinerary, finding and booking accommodation, arranging transportation, or dealing with visa and immigration issues. The travel agency will take care of all the details and provide guidance and assistance throughout the trip. Travelers can simply relax and enjoy the journey without any stress or hassle.
- Cost savings: Travelers can save money by taking advantage of discounts, promotions, and group rates that the travel agency can offer. Travelers can also avoid paying extra fees or hidden charges that may arise when booking travel services individually. Booking a tour can also help travelers avoid overspending or wasting money on unnecessary or low-quality services or products.
- Valuable experiences: Travelers can enjoy more value for their money by getting access to exclusive experiences, attractions, and activities that are included in the tour package. Travelers can also benefit from the expertise and knowledge of the travel agency and the tour guides, who can provide insights and recommendations on the best places to visit, the best things to do, and the best ways to experience the local culture and cuisine.
- Safety and security: Traveling to unfamiliar or challenging destinations sometimes can make travelers confused and worried. The local operator will ensure that the tour is safe, reliable, and compliant with local laws and regulations. Travelers can also rely on the tour operator’s network of partners and contacts in case of emergencies or problems. Travelers can also enjoy the support and companionship of fellow travelers and tour guides, who can help them in case of any difficulties or issues.
In conclusion, Vietnam is a wonderful and affordable destination that you can visit from the Philippines. The average Vietnam trip cost from the Philippines is around 22,400 PHP to 25,000 PHP per person for a 7-day trip without airfare, depending on your travel style, preferences, and activities. Here is a breakdown of the average Vietnam trip cost from Philippines:
- Flight : around 8,000 PHP to 13,000 PHP.
- Accommodation: around 2,700 PHP to 10,000 PHP.
- Transportation: around 1,000 PHP to 3,000 PHP
- Food and drink: around 3,000PHP to 7,000 PHP
You can always adjust your budget and itinerary according to your needs and interests. You can save money by traveling during the low season, booking in advance, staying in hostels or homestays, eating street food or local restaurants, taking buses or motorbikes, or joining free or cheap tours and activities. You can also splurge money by traveling during the high season, booking last minute, staying in hotels or resorts, eating cafes or bars, taking flights or taxis, or joining luxury or exclusive tours and activities. Happy travel !
Check out Prime Travel’s tours here: